Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Tenner

Last Friday was one of those personal milestones that I never actually expected to see.

This blog turned 10 years old.
Good heavens, how is that possible! I certainly don’t feel 10 years older. Okay, maybe I do…but in a good way. I try not to tell younger people how wonderful this period of life is, because I don’t want them to suffer terrible pangs of jealousy. I'm thoughtful that way. (Insert your favorite smiling emoticon here.)

Of course there have been significant life events in that time. Retirement from a 30+ year career, moved 1,000 miles, made new friends. 



Lost beloved furry ones, 



 

and let new beloveds in. 




And created a new garden from scratch.


And through it all, my weekly routine of thrifting, both solo and with friends, has brought enormous pleasure, year in and year out. It's certainly kept me on track financially by providing high quality clothing, 




household goods, 


furniture 

and décor. 

But even more than the great stuff, I've met such wonderful people, been given glimpses into other lives, that never would have come my way if I hadn’t hopped into the car with my list of addresses from Craigslist and zoomed off to see what the day would provide.

And absolutely one of the greatest pleasures has been you. Readers from all over the world have somehow found us. I have saved every single comment I have ever received, and I truly treasure them – and you.

Thanks.













20 comments:

  1. Happy 10 years I don't always post a comment but I always read your blog.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a milestone! I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10 years. I've been blogging a long time too. You have found lots of bargains over the years and your fur friends are cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve brought me a truckload of pleasure! Thanks, and keep sale-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW 10 years! I've been a fan for years and love your blog. Congrats and keep going to those yard sales and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. It's been a pleasure reading your thrifty adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading of your adventures as much as you enjoy having them. Sometimes, while at a yard sale, I'll look at something and think...the Queen would love that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that I discovered your blog. Such a great history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 10th Queen of Fifty Cents! Surely 10 years of so much fun and frivolity can only have but made you younger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! on ten years. I just hope I have enough to show and say for ten years on my blog. There's hope, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to 10 more. I look forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAppy 10 years! WHat a nice milestone. LInda at A La Carte is always talking about your blog and how you find the best bargains. I figured I need to get to know you! Congrats on the blog! I wish you many more years of blogging. Had to stop over and say hello. enjoy your day and I loved seeing all your awesome shares. Have a beautiful day! HUGS
    P.S. I am new following you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 10 Years! love reading about your thrifting with friends and I truly enjoy your blog. Even though I live in Alberta, Canada, I can relate to your garage sale adventures and the hunt for bargains! Here's to the next 10!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your blog and often wish I'd run into you thrifting....but we live on opposite sides of the country! Still, I enjoy your hunts vicariously. Congrats on ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary! wow 10 years! it make me think that my blog will be turning 10 years too in November I think or August?!?
    Congratulations and I hope to read your thrifting adventures for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all the lovely comments, gang! Wish we could ALL go thrifting together. We need to have a convention!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogaversary! Since droves have left the land of blogging, I always gird myself lest you are gone too. I get a little happy surge when I see a new post! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! I am glad I am back in blogworld to help you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is probably too late to ask...but are you planning on selling that lovely tan knitted poncho? If so, I'd be interested! Please e-mail me at cindyjbrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover