Saturday, January 1, 2011

GOOD NEWS…

I went to a lovely tea party the other day at my friend Linda’s house. When it was time to go I gave her a hug, and she said she would probably see me Saturday. Saturday? “Yard sales,” she said. I reminded her that Saturday would be New Year’s Day. No sales, two weeks in a row! Dang, we both said, how inconvenient when Christmas and New Year’s fall on Saturday.

So the good news is…won’t happen again until 2021!

12-21 calendar

I am very much looking forward to 2011. Eleven is my favorite number. I was born at 11:11 pm and eleven has always felt special to me. Can’t wait to see what comes this year! The only thing I am certain of right now is that my second novel, In Dogs We Trust, will be published.

Hope you are having a cozy and warm New Year’s Day, and that 2011 will be a fabulous year for you.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I am ready for yard sales myself! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I still scoured the newspaper hoping to find a yard sale! Bring on the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this is EXTRA good news here in France! Ben and I were counting the number of public holidays we missed last year (falling as they did on Saturdays) and will miss again this year (as they will be on Sundays). To hear that we have this far to go before the next series of losses is good news indeed. Happy New Year and I'll be looking out for your next book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year, ms. queen! i so enjoy your blog and look forward to reading all about your junking adventures this new year.

    my junkin' buds and i went out today, but it was a sad, slim-pickings kind of day. :( can't wait to get back into the groove of driveway shopping real soon!

    congratulations on your books! my dear hubby is published in germany (CORA, young adult mysteries) so we know how difficult it can be to get published. best wishes!

    terrylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was bummed too because 2 weeks in a row I can't do my best shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by today! I've actually read this blog for a long time, had no idea that you'd written a book! Way to go! Wishing you happy thrifting and writing in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy lucky-number new year to you! :) I made and started using my thrift-finds spreadsheet (inspired by you!) and love it.

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments. Thanks for coming along on my thrifty adventures!

 
Pin It button on image hover